Welcome to your guide to Tally Ho's bounties for ETHDenver 2022!
👉 For a complete guide + detailed instructions, check here.
This post is designed to give you a quick lay of the land so you can decide which bounties you and your squad want to jump into.
👀 Everyone who attempts a Tally Ho bounty will be awarded a special Tally Ho ETHDenver 2022 POAP... regardless of whether or not your project wins a bounty prize! We want to recognize every developer that gets involved with Tally Ho’s mission and becomes a part of Tally Ho's developer community.
If you’re learning about Tally Ho for the first time... Tally Ho is the first community-owned Web3 wallet, and our DAO is launching soon! We’re committed to public goods and free, open source software. We use the GPL v3 license, so all the code that gets merged will remain free & open source! (Unlike some ‘other’ Web3 wallets 🦊... )
To learn more about our values and see if they resonate with you, you can check out these posts:
1. 'Integration' Bounties
Add Tally Ho as a supported wallet for any dApp!
- Integrate Tally Ho into your ETHDenver project or any dApp so users can connect with their Tally Ho wallets! For this in-person-only bounty, we are offering 500 USDC to the top 10 qualifying projects.
- Integrate Tally Ho into one of these listed target dApps. For the in-person-only bounty, we are offering 1,000 USDC to the top 3 qualifying projects. For the virtual-only bounty, we are offering 1000 USDC for the top 2 qualifying projects.
2. 'Grab Bag' Bounties
Build additional features to the Tally Ho wallet that aren’t making it into next month’s launch. Choose one of the following features to build out (Note: for many of these we’ve provided designs you can work off of!):
- NFT Portfolio - Add NFT support in Tally Ho, using the Alchemy NFT API. Successful projects will have a portfolio view similar to Tally Ho’s overview page for viewing all NFTs across accounts.
- Hardware support - Help us extend hardware wallet coverage by adding support for Trezor, Lattice, Keystone, KeepKey, etc.
- Twitter Integration - Integrate Tally Ho into the Twitter experience! Twitter recently released NFT avatars using supported wallets. Bounties will be awarded to those who can add Tally Ho to this list of supported wallets. Bounties will also be awarded to those who can extend the Tally Ho wallet to support verification of ENS links on Twitter (a.k.a. allow users to see NFT collections in a hovercard when they hover over ENS links.)
- Multi-Network Support - Help Tally Ho build out multi-network support within the wallet. This is currently a work-in-progress feature! We’d like to see support for specific L2 networks (e.g. Polygon, Optimism, Arbitrum, etc), plus multi-network swaps.
- Sign-In with Ethereum - Tally Ho has started work on Sign-In with Ethereum, described in draft EIP-4361 extending EIP-191 signed data. Bounties will be awarded to those who continue this effort to build a fully-featured sign-in with Ethereum flow, with a custom UI that shows users exactly what and where they are signing.
- WalletConnect Support - Build WalletConnect support into Tally Ho to allow mobile wallet users to use the Tally Ho extension. The goal is to enable users of Rainbow (and other mobile wallets) to securely connect their wallets to Tally Ho without sharing key material. Successful submissions will allow Rainbow users to sign transactions from their mobile devices while using the Tally Ho extension on the web. Design guidelines and technical specifications can be found here.
For the in-person-only bounty, we are offering a top prize of 10,000 USDC and a minimum prize of 500 USDC to qualifying projects at discretion. This bounty will be given to the top 3 to 6 teams. For the virtual-only bounty, we are offering a top prize of 6,000 USDC and a minimum prize of 500 USDC to qualifying projects at discretion. This bounty will be given to the top 2 to 4 teams.
3. Ecosystem Wins
Solve common problems in the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Single Signed Approval Flow Using ApprovalTarget (ERC-20 transactions) Using dApps to transact ERC-20 tokens is expensive and clunky. Bounties will be awarded to those who design a draft EIP using Tally Ho's Approval Target contract to create a single signed approval flow for ERC-20 tokens and build a working proof of concept. We’d particularly like to see integration PoCs with our list of target integrations. Judging will prioritize submissions with working PoCs from other sponsors of ETHDenver. It’s important to note here that there might be matching bounties from partners, so make sure to keep an eye on developers.tally.cash for updated information on partners! For this virtual-only bounty we are offering $6,500 in USDC (+ a potential partner bonus bounty.)
- Handling Multiple Installed Wallets: Help dApp developers elegantly handle browsers with multiple wallets installed by drafting a specification that builds on EIP-1193 and building a working proof of concept. Bounty eligible projects will include both specifications and a working PoC. For this in-person-only bounty, we are offering 3,000 in USDC.
We are also partnering with Threshold to sponsor a joint prize to build social recovery for non-custodial wallets using NuCypher’s proxy re-encryption tech.
Tally Ho + Threshold - PRE Social Recovery
Build social recovery for non-custodial wallets using NuCypher’s proxy re-encryption (PRE) tech. This bounty prize is 10,000 in USDC & an additional matching bounty from the Threshold team, up to $10,000.
How to Find Us
Make sure to check out our booth next to the main conference hall! Check out the linked resource guide for each bounty for detailed bounty descriptions, developer resources, contributor guidelines, and design specs.
To keep your pulse on the hunt, drop into our Discord server (you’ll want to join the #super-shaddowy-doggos and the #integration-support channels especially.) and find us on the ETHDenver server. And don’t forget to install the Tally Ho wallet and play around!